Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Un Petit Histoire

Hello all!

My name is Kate Walker and I will be doing the updating of this website but I first wanted to share with you a little story about how I got started with The Grace Foundation.

It all started with a butterfly.

Me, Sydney, Elizabeth Crane (behind), Kelly McGrath(Right)
Not a real one though! I am the butterfly at the far left...and you may know my best friend, Sydney Deutsch, who is in the middle. We are (or almost 24) now!

That was my first year being involved in The Grace Foundation and The Grace Foundation's first Kathy's Garden Party. The theme was hats. Now, we've had a lot of themes at the Grace Foundation, but I'll always remember the very first hat show at the Kneeland-Walker House garden. 

However, it wasn't until the second hat party that I comprehended (i.e. matured a little) that the Grace Foundation did actual, tangible things to help people in need. I remember wearing a hat at the party, that was made from the Glad Hatter program, and I realized that it was going to help someone in need...and I really liked that feeling. 

And with that said...stay tuned, we've got lots of goodies in store!




No comments:

Post a Comment